
Wyndham seemed to gloss right over the Elmo stage and is now a full-fledged Dora the Explorer worshipper. Actually... I kind of like it too! There's always a problem to solve, a map to read, a song to sing and a Spanish word to learn. So for, I've learned up, down, open and close! More than I even remember from High School:)
Wyndham was so engrossed in her Dora dvd one day that when I gave her a 5-minute warning that it was going to turn off she said, "No turn it off. You go to the bathroom and fix your face and fix your ears, OK".
Translation: fix your face: put on make-up, Fix your ears: I'm guessing fix my hair? Or maybe she meant put on my earrings..? She loves to watch me get ready in the morning. What a ham. She totally knows how to stall and work the system:)
Randy recently saw a special on comedy central that mentioned this Dora phenomenon. Brian Regan is the comic in the clip below- Check it out to get a great dose of parenting humor... warning: you will never be able to say Dora the Explorer again without a John F. Kennedy accent... you'll see...
1 comment:
Brian Regan is too funny. I'm glad Noah isn't quite into Dora yet actually. We're still on Backyardigans and WonderPets. "The phone! The phone is ringing...The phone, we'll be right there. The phone, the phone is ringing! There's an animal in trouble!"
Post a Comment